Source: Historic archives of NAC yearbooks
Source: Historic Archives of NAC Yearbooks
Source: Historical archives of NAC Yearbooks
Small Knitting pattern book by Candy Haenszel a lady from The USA who has been breeding, showing and spinning angora for many years, she has decided to put on to paper some of the patterns she designed specifically for angora wool. It is a very helpful little book and will help you get started in creating garments etc in angora wool. The National Angora Club hold a few Copies at £10 plus £2 postage. Please use use the contact email on the website if you would like one.
Sheila Leverett and her husband ran a commercial venture for fibre, under the stud name of Tasseltips Angoras, she was also very successful at showing them as well.
I am often asked what makes a difference between a show rabbit and a commercial one. Basically they are the same, both must be properly fed and managed and both must come from good pedigree lines.
I hope you all enjoying your angoras. At last we have confirmation for next years stock shows.
The Bradford Championships 2019
The Bradford Champs will be the venue for the next Products Show on Saturday 19thJanuary 2019. Judge Mrs Chris Hamilton. Address: Lazarus Exhibition Hall, Doncaster Racecourse, Leger Way, Doncaster, South Yorkshire. DN2 6BB.
- Entries can be sent to Sandra Sutton, our Products Secretary and she will post back as long as postage is paid by the exhibitor.
- Alternatively you can bring your entries on the day, but please let Sandra know your entries a few days before the show, so she can prepare the paperwork.
- You will be most welcome to join us at the club stand.
- Sandra’s contact details are: 80 Main Street, Ewerby, Sleaford, Lincs NG34 9JP. 01529 461595
National Angora Stock Show 2019
National Angora Stock Show to be held on Sunday 12thMay 2019, at the usual venue: Wyken Community Centre, Westmorland Road, off Belgrave Road, Wyken, Coventry,CV2 5PY.
- Judge Mr Alan Cargo.
- The AGM will be held at 1pm lunchtime at this stock show on 12thMay.
- All proposals to be sent to myself or Lesley Hordon.
- My contact details are email@example.com.Tel 01233 732194.
- Address: 19, Farm Road, Hamstreet, Ashford, Kent. TN26 2JA.
- Lesley Hordon’s contact details are : 37 Harrowby Road, Leeds,West Yorks. LS16HX
- e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : 01132 304400.
- The next dates and stock show venues/judges will then be decided at the AGM so please put in your proposals and preferences.
- Remember the venue is to be within 70 mile radius of Coventry.
- The club stand should also be at the following Fibre Festivals, dependant on being accepted by the festival organisers.
- You are welcome to join us for a chat and to do some crafts at the club stand.
- Volunteers to help man the stand are also needed. Please let Lesley know if you can help.
Wool shows 2019
Wool at Junction 13. Lower Drayton Farm, Penkridge, right next to the M6 motorway, Junction 13 on 18thand 19thMay 2019
Woolfest, Friday 28thand Sat 29thJune 2019. Mitchells Lakeland Livestock Centre, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0QQ
Fibre East.27th/28thJuly 2019. Redbone Upper School and Community College, Flitwick Road, Ampthill, Bedford, MK45 2NU.
British Wool Show, Friday 10thand Saturday 11thAugust 2019. York Auction Centre, Murton Lane, Murton, York, YO19 5GF
The AGM Minutes are available here – agm+minutes+2018+coventry.doc
Subs are due in January, please send them to Sally May.
Our website address is https://angorabunny.club
Happy 2019 and hope you have success at the shows.
Best wishes from Chris
The National Angora Club are now applying for stands at next year’s craft festivals. We have been accepted for Wool@j13 and the British Wool Show and are applying for Woolfest and Fibre East. There is a new Fibre Festival in Scotland, Ewefest in Slessor Gardens, Dundee, and we have been offered a concessionary stand. Sarah Garrehy has kindly volunteered to help. Are any other members in Scotland or the North of England interested in coming along to help? The dates are Friday August 16th and Saturday August 17th 2019. Advance planning! Website ewe.scot for more information. Here are the helpers at the British Wool Show in York this year, Sandra, Rebekah and Judith.
The National Angora Club (NAC) held a stock show at the London championship show last weekend. Sadly there were only four entries and one of them was absent. The judge for the stock show was Geoff Boot. Foxwood stud had the best angora with their u/5 white.
Congratulations to all the exhibitors, well done, I know how hard it is to get a rabbit to show standard for two days running.
The 2004 Stock Show Best In Show was Val Downer (Arundel Stud) magnificent white. Val was a very successful established breeder for many years, and well known amongst Angora Fanciers, she lived in Surrey and was a a leading figure in the Worplesdon club. Sadly Val dies a few years ago, but she had some superb Angoras, coloureds and whites.