This welfare code has been unofficial for many years, and has now been discussed at our Annual General Meeting and published in our yearbook.
National Angora Club Members:
- Make the welfare of the rabbit their priority.
- Do not breed Angora rabbits for sale for commercial gain.
- Sell only to vetted private owners and not to the pet trade or for children’s pets.
- Only sell rabbits 10 weeks of age or older.
- Give new owners clipping and grooming demonstrations and support them after sale.
- Give a supply of food and detailed information on diet and care at the point of sale.
- Send rabbits by courier only to experienced Angora owners.
- Give correct advice on showing, ringing, vaccinations, neutering and bonding.
- Help wherever possible to find homes for unwanted Angoras.
- Strongly discourage the irresponsible breeding of any rabbit.